I Was Tagged for Eleven Things

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Jesyka tagged me in her 11 things post from a couple of days ago, I'm settled in Miami and caught up on some projects, so I'm going to finally get this up... and here... we...go.

THERE ARE FIVE RULES:

1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. Answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. Create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and tell them you’ve tagged them.


11 Random Things

1. I am 34 years old but got ID'd for a rated R movie a year ago.

2. On the plane ride to Miami, I turned to the person sitting next to me and told her about 4 times that I needed to get something out of the overhead before I realized that she didn't speak a work of English. Afterward, I tried to remember some good French Phrases for the situation.

3. One time I was asked to go to Toronto for an art show, by a woman that had bought a painting of mine from a show in Pittsfield MA. She had a room for me to stay in, when I got up there and hung out with her, I realized she was wicked connected in the entertainment industry. She promptly told me that I was going to be on TV that morning doing a demo of my art process. When I got there it was basically the Canadian version of Good Morning America. I did some stencil art live on the air with the hosts and walked around all day being recognized by Canadians. Very surreal.

4. I prefer to write in pencil (a good pencil)

5. I love HGTV. I really want to rip apart my whole 1890's home and restore it. But, I know I couldn't get the whole thing done in one season. Give me a show.

6. I rarely ever read Fiction. I love reading, but more real stories and educational material. I feel sometimes I have some ADD type thing that keeps me from being able to focus on a fiction story.

7. I had a dream the other day that Addy and I were falling, I grabbed her and curled up into a ball around her so that she was insulated on all sides. When we hit the ground we were both ok. 

8. I'm having a lot of trouble right now coming up with eleven random things because I did the rest of this post first, and now I feel like I have nothing else interesting to say.

9. How about... Many years back, my band played some dates on the warped tour (very small stage). I did have all access, and I was back stage walking somewhere (I forget, not important) and I looked over to see one of my childhood idols, Steve Caballero, an old school skater. I sat next to him, we bullshitted about his new macbook and a couple other things, kinda like NBD. I got up to leave I started to walk away, I stopped and turned and said "when i was 14, my first skateboard ever was your dragon pro model" He smiled at me, I turned and walked away.

10. I have always had perfect vision. But at my last yearly diabetic eye checkup, it was stated that I could benefit from some glasses for far way vision. I didn't really see how it could help. I have actually always wanted to wear glasses for the hip look, but that would be stupid to wish for. In any even I order my first pair of hip glasses, when I got them and put them on for the first time it was like night and day. I didn't realize how much my sight had deteriorated that year. Iy really did sharpen things up, and now I have an excuse to look hip and intelligent : )

11. Few people know that I, in fact, am Ryan Gosling.

11 Questions From Jesyka

1) What did you want to be when you “grow up” and why?
When I look back, all I remember is wanting to skateboard, but a little earlier I remember wanting to be a professional baseball player. This is strange now, because I have absolutely no interest is sports like that.

2) Where were your parents born?
My were both born in upstate New York, I think my mom was Hudson and My Dad was Catskill.

3) If you could dress however you wanted without regards to practicality, cost, or ridicule, how would you dress?
That is a tough question because although I do have an overall style, I definitely go with however I'm feeling that day. I would love to be Dapper as hell everyday with a bow tie, but that's not going to work when I want to wear a hoodie and a t shirt. I guess, given the premise of the question, I'm going to go with a hipster 1800's style, perhaps with a derby, maybe a cane... just plain fresh. I'm not sure if I would look good in it, but I like the idea. 

4) Where was your first kiss?
Wow. I was at a girlfriend's house (you know young love), and there was a "party" going on there. Not a "party, party" but more of a daytime get together. I feel this weird early 90's middle school when I think back, listening to some MC hammer sitting around feeling awkward. I think the girl really wanted to kiss me just to get it over with as say that it was done. I was wicked shy about that kind of stuff back then and would have probably never initiated. When I was leaving she walked me out, we look at each other awkwardly, she leaned toward me and began to assault me with her tongue. I didn't know it at the time, but this may have been the worst kiss I will ever have. In any even, I felt cool that it had been done, I can go to the next dance with my hammer pants on feeling a little cooler.

5) What was your first car?
My mom gave me a 1986 Chevy Nova that had been my Step Dads car. It wasn't a badass Nova, it was one that was basically a Toyota. It did run forever though, it actually never died, I just had to retire it because of all of the structural problems that weren't worth paying to fix.

6) How did you meet your significant other?
Rachel came to a show on New Years eve that had a bunch of bands playing, one of which being mine. I had known of her and her me, but not in the way that we would say that we really knew each other. A little while after we were done playing I walked over behind her and tapped her on the shoulder and said "hey dude, what's up?". Pretty funny looking back. I asked her what she thought of the set, she told me that she didn't really pay attention and didn't see it. In any even I got her to hang out with me all night, and when the clock struck twelve, I snuck in our fist kiss... and the rest is history

7) Do you have an opinion on what order the Star Wars trilogies should be introduced to your children? If so, what order and why? (Tyler and I need other people’s thoughts on this one. ~.^)
I really haven't given it much thought, but I would say to start with the Old Time ones, just because I think they would go over better with young kids. So you could start with those and as they grow lead into the newer ones. I don't really think that a 4 year old is going to question why they are out of order : )

8) What style(s) do you think best describe you?
I am into style, but don't like to be over the top. Although I don't dress in such a "typical" way. Hmmm... maybe a fashionable punk/hardcore, artist with hipster tendencies? hehe.

9) What is your favorite comfort food?
I seriously could eat pizza every day, and probably do too often. Although I don't really need comfort foods in an Oprah type of way.

10) When you look at the moon, do you see it as a 3 dimensional object, or a flat disc? (sorry if this is a weird question, but it’s something I like to ask people. :) )
I look at in 2D for sure. I look at a lot of things as if I'm looking at it in photoshop or illustrator. The moon looks like a filled circle with some distressed overlays.

11) What is something that you have always wanted to do, but haven’t gotten a chance to do yet?
I have always wanted to do a "living tour" and sometime hope to in the future with Rach and Addy. What that is, is to live in different areas one after another, may a month or two in each area. I'm more thinking internationally, but could extend to some rad American cities.

My Questions for the @tagged
1. Name a song that would be on the soundtrack for your life
2. Pick a different first and last name for yourself
3. If you could live anywhere for free, where would it be?
4. Tea or Coffee?
5. If you could have any skill what would it be?
6. What book would you take to a deserted island?
7. Dream job?
8. small town or big city?
9. what is your favorite article of clothing?
10. What is your most cherished keepsake?
11. why would you be on a daytime talk show?

... tag you're it Craig (Just realized her already did it), Mandey (already did it too!) Lauren, Katie, Jess (not you too) Adriana.

1 comment: