Boston, Here We Come

Monday, April 23, 2012

Last week was a culmination of a long career in design, loving being a Dad & Husband, plus the desire to always be moving forward. After some weeks of not being totally sure where our lives would be, I allowed Addy to click the send button on a very important email...
...thus solidifying our move from Upstate New York, of which I have spent my whole life, to Boston Massachusetts. What was this email, you ask? Well, it was my acceptance of a job offer as Creative Content Manager at Inkhouse PR. On our trip to Boston a couple of weeks ago I went on some job interviews at some great companies, and I decided to take the offer at Inkhouse, I was very impressed with the feel of the office and am very excited to be part of such a great team and see a great future and growth.

This is going to be a lot of work, and uprooting my family isn't something that I have taken lightly. I think that this is going to be the best move for all of us. I had some sleepless nights and at times was unsure of moving away from our family and friends. It's not such a long trip back, and I'm sure we will be making it often. I know I'm going to miss this place... the place where Addy was born 18 months ago, about 10 feet from where I sit right now.

We are on the hunt for a place and are hoping to be settled in for the start of June. I know this is going to be a pretty crazy month and a half getting ready, but I'm strangely looking forward to it. I would do anything for Rach and Addy, this decision is as much for them as it is for me. I feel so lucky to be able to have this.
Boston, we'll be seeing you soon...

No comments: