Q & A: Fill in the Blanks Blogger Tag Game

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tag... I'm it! It is my turn as delegated by Craig and Michael from The Hipster Dad.

1. I started my blog because...
Ever since I found out that Rach and I were going to have a baby, I wanted to immerse myself in all things baby. I got tons of books, bought baby clothes, tons of research online about this and that... and I stumbled upon a web of blog dedicated to parenting and life from each individuals perspective. I decided that it would be great way to document my journey and have a "journal" of this time for my Daughter when she is grown.

2. One thing I love seeing on other blogs is...
I love seeing other people's creativity on their blog. It's really great to see all of the interesting talents that people have. It inspires me to get creative.

3. Something I love about blogging...
I love meeting rad people. I seriously have met more likeminded, genuinely nice, interesting people since I've started blogging than I had in a long time before. I talk through email or ichat or phone to a bunch of fellow bloggers often and plan on doing a little traveling to meet many in person.

4. Favorite blog posts of mine are...
A little story about getting my junk crushed while Rach was giving birth
Video of some of Addy's first steps
I thought I was so clever, a Dr. Seuss type rhyme
A fairytale for Adeline

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog...
Hi, I'm Don and I'm a sappy movie cryer. Yeah, put a movie in from of me with a heartfelt story, a sad story, a story of redemption, a story of a old guy and a kid flying around in a house held up by balloons... and I'm a puddle of tears.

6. My new favorite blogs to read are...
Being that I'm addicted to instagram right now and haven't been reading a ton of blogs, how about my favorite instagram accounts right now...
@deerjerk - I love her illustration style. She does wood carvings... so good.
@craignb - I kinda feel like he is a brother from a different mother, although he's probably closer to being my son: ) I like seeing what his day is looking like.
@jvdt - I love seeing shots from parts of the world that I wish I could visit more often. Paris and Norther France.... Please and thank you.
@localhoneybaby - I like seeing what my wife and Daughter are up to, even if sometimes all I have to do is turn my head a little more to the right.
...actually all of them, I love them all. ahhhh.

7. Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are...
I try not to state many strong opinions on politics or other touchy topics. I know it is important to have my blog reflect who I am and have my personality, I just don't think that my blog is the proper place to approach certain topics.

I tag Chelsey from the Paper Mama

No comments: