My Little Girl

Friday, January 20, 2012

I'm not sure if I have shared this before today, but about a year and a half ago when we were about to find out the sex of our unborn child, I was secretly hoping that it would be a boy, which I think is pretty common for a dad. In retrospect I'm not really sure why. I'm VERY far away from a macho, sports-loving dude, but I thought that I would identify more with a boy, because I was once a boy... what was I going to do with a little girl? What were we going to have in common? What was I thinking back then?

Obviously, I wasn't bummed that it was going to be a girl, I mean, it was our baby no matter what. But maybe I was a little unsure of how I was going to fit in. I thought that a mom was going to be so in tune with what a little girl is going to want at all times, but I see now that many times what a little girl wants... is her Daddy.

If I could go back and make the decision... I would have chosen a girl. I love this little girl so much.

No comments: