That Crisp Air

Monday, September 19, 2011

The time has come again for the leaves to change color, a chill in the air brings out the scarves, apples are ripe for the pickin'... it's almost Fall again, and I'm STOKED. This weekend we went to the Martin Van Buren House which, sadly was the first time I went there despite it being within' five miles of where I spent most of my youth. I probably wouldn't have appreciated it when I was younger, unless there was a half pipe in the back yard that I could skate. In any event, 34 year old Me was loving this day. As soon as we got there, Addy and I took a little time out to hang with the Duckys.

"Ooooohhh, Ooooohh, Daddy... look at the sheep"
It was definitely a day full of things for Addy to see (Daddy and Mommy were ooohing and ahhhing and pointing too) Being that we were around our old stompin' grounds we met up with some family.... My mom and sister stopped by fresh after a volleyball game...
... Rachel's Mom and Brother decided to join in on the fun.

Mommy steps from behind the camera to take a nice ride.

This is definitely a great way to end off the summer and lead in the Fall. I know it will be only weeks until my wife brings out the holiday music. No, seriously I think I may hear some Jinglin' little dittys before Thanksgiving this year. And I can't complain, I think I sang "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reigndeer" for the first 5 months to get Addy to sleep. I may be getting a little ahead of myself. For now I'm looking forward to this weekend, I think we are meeting up with Jen, Kev and Rowan to do some apple picking... that will be the sign that Fall has truly arrived.

No comments: