A Day Away

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I'm feeling pretty beat and unproductive today. Yesterday, I got up at left the house as usual on a normal day, but instead of driving to the shop, I drop straight to Worcester Ma. It was about a 2 1/2 hour drive but starting the day off, it didn't seem that long. My company has been a sponsor of the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival for about 4 years now, and I usually go out for the whole thing. This year I just drove out for one day, because I didn't want to leave my ladies for that long. My partners went a day and a half earlier than I did, when I got there early Friday morning the tables and shirts were already set up.
While I was there, between talking to bands and selling kids shirts, we all find things to do when we are trapped behind the tables. I started to count the kids walking by that were wearing shirts that I had designed over the years, I stopped counting around 30. It may have been thinking of other things, like how I missed Addy and Rachel. Rachel sent me a text, and I happily opened up a picture of Addy just chillin' on a Friday afternoon, while Daddy was surrounded by thousands of sweaty people, far from chillin'
All in all, it was a fun time. I saw some good bands, hung out with my partners (who are also my friends) outside of working, which doesn't happen too often, and got to talk face to face many of the kids that order from our company, and some of the bands that we work with. 
It was a late drive (especially due to the post Daddy bedtimes that have been going on lately) to Rachel's Mother's house, where Rachel had spent the day. When I got there, Rachel was still awake, but I barely was. We went right to bed and woke up all together again, not even noticing that this was the first time we had all slept somewhere else besides our own home. We got up and went downstairs to find that Grammy had made us an amazing breakfast, We have to do some sleepovers more often. 

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments: