Snow Days!

Friday, January 14, 2011


When I was younger, nothing ruled more in the winter than a snow day. Getting up at the same time watching the news to see my school show up and waiting to see those amazing words glowing on the screen.... SCHOOL CLOSED. As a child, in this situation, you don't ball up and try to stay warm, or complain about needing to shovel. Bundled up barely above the bare minimum to keep you warm, you head out into the winter wonderland: jump into that snowbank, pick up and handful of snow and eat it (as long as it isn't yellow), fall straight back and make a snow angel, grab your sled and find a hill. I think it's been a while since I really lived it up like that on a snow day, but staying home during this last snow day made me think of the upcoming years with Adeline, I can't wait to jump off of my porch into a snow bank with her and have that same snow day fun. However, there is no way that I am going to let her go out and play without being so bundled up that she can barely put her arms down in her snow suit.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

1 comment:

Joe Pittman said...

Good reeading your post