Could we be quite quick?

Sunday, January 9, 2011


Let me describe a scene to you, then show you the humor, but at the same time pain, that comes with it. Today we were shopping for some things for the kitchen, Adeline was being great and we took our time. After picking out the things we wanted, Addy started to get fussy due to what I think was hunger (I'm really starting to be able to hear the difference in her cry) so I took another walk around bouncing Addy (in her carrier) as Mommy got into line to check out. When I thought it would be time to grab the bags and make a b-line to the nearest baby refueling station, I walked back to the checkout, but the cashier (an older woman) seemed to be just starting to check her out and a line had formed.  At this point Adeline has stopped responding to my attempts to stop her from crying. I was bouncing and jogging, bobbing and weaving and leading back to the counter for the second check in. Now I  notice that the cashier had only put the first item in a bag, and is saying "now I'm just going to quickly wrap these bowls and glasses". Believe me, there is nothing quick about what was going on there, and this is all magnified buy the shrieking child attached to my chest. Have you ever seen Love Actually? Well, the first thing that came to mind during this fiasco was the gift wrapping scene, which brought a smile to my face even though I could not get the grimace off of Adeline's face. If you are unfamiliar with the scene, do yourself a favor and check it out here and you will get a pretty good idea of what the afternoon looked like.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments: