You are what you eat, and you are pickles and ice cream.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010


Days before we went to the doctor and confirmed that we were pregnant, a very qualified gentlemen that worked at Stewart's (local corner store) pointed out to me that the fact that my wife sent me out at 8:00pm to pick up pickles and Ice cream, meant that she is probably pregnant. I've read that what you eat during pregnancy may influence your child's likes and dislikes in food. Luckily a baby doesn't develop the sense of taste until week 27 of pregnancy, otherwise I may be exclusively making pickles and ice cream purée once Adeline is done breast feeding. I do think we have been doing a good job of prepping her to eat her veggies later in life, but are there kids that actually like vegetables? Acorn squash, peppers, onions, avocados, carrots, cucumbers... sounds delicious to me now, but I think that I wouldn't have touched the stuff as a kid. I guess I do have some time before I need to worry about this, however, I only have 6 weeks to trick her future self into liking asparagus.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments: