Sleeping Alone

Tuesday, August 30, 2011


Things were a little different last night and this morning. And, I'm not sure that I like the feeling. You would think having time to yourself and freedom would be welcomed... but there is something missing. Last night Rach and Addy had a sleepover at Rachel's Mom's (aka Grammy) House. I had some work to do at home, so I couldn't stay there. After we all had dinner and settled in, Addy had fallen asleep for the night. It was time for me to head home, I kissed Rachel and snuck into the room where Adeline was sleeping and gave her a gentle kiss, not to wake her. As I was driving away I had a strange sense, "this doesn't feel right", and I realized this may be the first night since Addy was born that we aren't all sleeping in the same bed together. I think, for some people, it would be hard to understand that I wouldn't want this time of peace, but I think those people may not be new parents. This illustrates how my life has changed, I woke up this morning and got out of bed by my own volition, but I wish that Addy had woke me up. I had no diapers to change this morning, and I missed it. Man, how being a Daddy can change you.

No comments: