Semi-Throwback Thursday "Daddy Sleep"

Friday, April 22, 2011

Man, looking through my old posts and transferring them can bring on some tears. In case you didn't see the original Semi Throwback Thursday post, basically in my transferring from tumblr to blogger, I am sharing old posts as I transfer them over. This gem was originally posted on October 27, 2010 8:57pm, Adeline was 10 days old. I was new at Daddin' and Bloggin'. It wasn't that long ago, but it seems like a world away.

Daddy Sleep
It was mommy's turn this morning to catch an early morning picture. I rarely ever sleep later than 6:00, but the late night diaper changes have made me want a little extra time in the morning. Also, we have decided to share our bed with our Addy, and I wake up periodically through the night and nudge my wife (Adeline is usually nestled near her chest) and ask her to make sure Addy is safe. I'm happy that she is in our bed with us, it seems to be great for feeding and bonding. It sure does make my daddy protective side come out, I feel that I am on night watch to make sure that she is safe and comfortable through the night. I get the reward in the morning when mommy gets up and I get to have her cuddled against me, I think I slept soundly at that point, I could feel her breathe, I knew she was safe. 

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments: