New Family, New Traditions

Saturday, December 25, 2010


We aren't the types that go overboard with Christmas, just a healthy Love of the Holiday Season. We even decided that being that Addy is only 2 months old, that we weren't going to be buying presents for her this year despite the traditions involved.  I was having a discussion recently and the topic of Christmas traditions came up. The wise man that I was having this discussion with was talking about the feeling he has looking back at past Christmas Days, and the nostalgia that one can feel. The quote that really stuck with me was "now you are in charge of what your Daughter will remember growing up and your own family traditions". The next day I was in a book store and it hit me (or the shiny red cover glared at me) I want to buy How the Grinch Stole Christmas for Addy for her first Christmas. Thus a new family tradition has started, this morning we opened our first family Christmas gift and I read the story for her and my wife in my best animated voice with undivided attention. This is a feeling I will look forward to every year to come. Oh, and I almost forgot, Happy Holidays to you and yours.


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

No comments: